I'm still trying to figure out how I want to do this week in review thingy - this time I am adding something to the top of my list and am planning on leaving it this way unless something else pops up - here we go....
Praises and Hallelujah's - Many of you know that Joshua is a rather timid little guy until he gets to know his surroundings and the people in it. Well, with that said it goes without saying that our bi-weekly adventures to MOPS (that is when he hasn't had a cold or something else going on) have been quite a struggle. Let's just say it was normal for him to spend the entire 2 hour session crying hysterically. So, just when I was feeling like I would have to give in and let him stay home from MOPS (to my great dismay) God prompted me to start praying for BRAVERY AND COURAGE in Jesus name!!!! Well, we prayed that over and over again for 2 weeks and gues what???...he went to MOPS on Tuesday and was awesome!!!!!! He actually had fun and I believe that he realizes in his little heart that Jesus blessed him with bravery and courage!
We are shouting out some big time praises and hallelujah's in our family - how about you??? What is something awesome God did in your life this week??? Praise Him for it!!!
Recipe Pick of the Week - 3 Bean Pot O' Chili (crock pot recipe)
1 lb. ground beef
1 med. onion chopped
29 oz. can tomoato puree
15 oz. can each of black beans, butter beans, kidney beans - all rinsed
3 T. chili powder, 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 c. water
Shredded cheddar cheese
Sour Cream
Brown beef and onions together, drain. In a crock pot, combine beef/onion mixture with remaining ingredients, except for cheese and sour cream. Cook on low for 6 hours. Garnish with cheese and sour cream.
Cornbread added a nice touch to the meal as well!
On a side note - if you are an Aldi shopper - you can by everything you need for this recipe at Aldi, including the cornbread mix.
**This recipe freezes well for leftovers**
God's powerful word of the week - Proverbs 24: 3-4 "Through wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches."
This week's weather - Hmmm---no snow which for me is a good thing, some snow melted which is also nice - a mix of sun and clouds - cold, cold, cold - but it could be colder I guess - so all in all - I can't complain =)
Pic of the week - Joshua LOVES seeing his Grandma and Papa and they try to stop by at least one night during the work week to visit with him - we are very blessed to have this opportunity to visit each week!
What I'm reading - Still enjoying reading and praying through "The Power of a Praying Wife" - it's good stuff! I'm also trying to make a dent in my pile of magazines.
TV Time this week - Looking forward to snuggling up in front of the TV tonight to watch this past weeks episode of Ugly Betty and maybe The Middle
Favorite website this week - If you are on Facebook or Twitter you've probably seen people begging and pleading for you to vote for the Chase Bank Million Dollar Giveaway - well, the charity we are rooting for is called Friendship Circle. As you know I am very involved in helping kids with special needs enjoy success in life and the Friendship Circle is a wonderful place that provides thousands of kids with unique abilities the opportunity to spread their wings and fly. Voting ends tonight - go to http://www.votefc.com/ - choose the Friendship Circle!!!!
Most listened to song this week - Let My Words Be Few by Phillips, Craig and Dean --amazing worship song - gotta love it!!!!
Enjoy the weekend!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment