After much hype and anticipation, the Blizzard of 2011 was just a mere snowfall...nothing spectacular, but certainly enough to make a 3 year old beg to head outdoors. Joshua has been struggling with the on again off again winter cold so I was hesitant to take him outside yesterday, however his sweet request (over and over again) simply melted my heart. So we bundled up big time and headed out for some winter fun. We made forts, moutains, trails etc. and loved every minute of it. I wish someone would bundle me up the way I bundle Joshua up - he was still toasty warm when we came in for hot cocoa - I on the other hand was frozen =)
| look carefully - you can see his face in there somewhere =) |
| a cupcake surprise from Aunna this morning - although he ended up going for her orange =) |
Joshua had a nasty cough last night and this morning so we opted to stay indoors, but still wanted to enjoy the snow. Aunna helped me load up 6 buckets of snow to dump in our bathtub. I filled up some spray bottles with water and food coloring and let him paint away - it was a great cure for the..."I don't feel good, but still want to play" blues.
No comments:
Post a Comment