Thursday, October 14, 2010

Zoo Tots II at the Detroit Zoo

My mommy enrolled me in a six week class at the Detroit Zoo and today was our third class. We've learned about animals in North America, Australia and Africa so far. The pics from Australia are still on my mommy's phone, but here some pics from today's class. It is a lot of fun and well worth waking up a bit earlier!!!



Here I am holding a part of a giraffe's vertebrae
Checking out giraffe pelt - it was very silky smooth
The zebra pelt was really neat and I learned that Zebra's aren't black and white - they are dark brown and white.

These peacocks were funny - the peahens were all around also.



The best part was enjoying time with Katie and Jabari. Katie is a giraffe keeper and Jabari is a two year old giraffe. He was SO CLOSE to us and we loved it. I asked Katie how long baby giraffes stay in their mommy's tummy - 18 months!!! I also asked what sound a giraffe makes and learned that they are the only mammals that don't make an audible sound. Scientists are wondering if they make a sound that only they can hear. Mom was really impressed with my questions! =)

Check out that tongue!!!







The Silverback Gorilla was rather animated today =)






The chimps were out and about as well - we even seen one shaking a tree - it was funny!

Here is a Zoo Boo sneak peak...I can't wait for next weekend!!!

We made migration prints today for our craft - I loved the gorilla print =)


As we walked to our car we seen hundreds of seagulls flying overhead so mom threw me into the car to avoid the possibility of getting pooped on - well, mom was my hero because one of them pooped on her!!!! I laughed a lot and she did to after she got it off of her face, sunglasses, and then took her sweater off - gross!


1 comment:

becky said...

how fun! I love the giraffe pictures and Joshua's cute questions. (You're going to be really glad that you document all of this one day!) We are really excited for the zoo boo too!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails