Friday, February 5, 2010

A Week in Review

I'm officially getting the itch for Spring to arrive. How about you? I went to Target recently and was happy to see that the clothing has changed to warmer weather wear and slowly but surely I'm seeing garden and outdoor supplies hit the shelves...ahhh bring it on!


Praises and Hallelujah's - After the New Year arrived Randy and I sat down and took a look at our finances. We weren't happy with what we seen so we decided to switch to a strict budget or "envelope" system. Well, if you talked to me at all last weekend you probably heard about my discouragement with the new system. I thought that we were supposed to be saving tons of money my budgeting everything out...I mean, it makes sense right??? I was meal planning better than ever, clipping coupons, shopping sales, only getting what we "needed" - why wasn't I seeing improvement??? I was pretty bummed out. But, as always, Jesus was right there holding my hand and helped me up - He gave me new perspective and showed me that with the budget system we were being much more responsible and that the budget was helping us plan ahead for thigns that we normally wouldn't do. As we enter in a new month I am now able to see that we really did save money!!! Now, I am smiling a new smile and ready to keep going with this plan, all the while surrendering our bountiful blessings to Jesus!!!!

Recipe Pick of the Week- Kielbasa and Sliced Red Potato's with Onions


Slice and cook Kielbasa

Sautee a Tbsp. of butter and sliced onions in skillet

Add thinly sliced red potato's and sausage and cook at Medium heat

Cook through and serve with Asparagus or Green Beans, a small salad and spiced pears for dessert!
What I'm Reading - The Power of a Praying Wife, my Avon catalog and Pampered Chef catalog =)

God's Powerful Word of the Week - To be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace Romans 8:6


This Week's Weather - A bit of snow, a bit of sun, a lot of cold and a lot of gray


Pic of the Week - My precious little boy isn't feeling well. I feel horrible for him, but admittedly I love being able to spoil him with extra juice, lollipops, popsicles and extra tv time for snuggling and relaxing. He really wanted to watch one more show before nap time - guess he didn't make it!

TV Time this Week - Not sure what we'll watch tonight - HGTV tapes, a Netflix video or Shark Tank - hmmmm....
Website of the Week - I've been on several "flooring" websites reviewing possible candidates for a new kitchen floor
Most Listened to Song this Week - "We are the World - for Haiti" and Nicole Mullins "Victory Chant"
Enjoy the remainder of the week - do something fun this weekend!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails