Friday, January 29, 2010

Another week wrapping up

Wow - these weeks seem to fly by so quickly!!!!

Praises and Hallelujah's - God always knows how to put the "cherry on top" when it comes to blessings. Earlier this week a dear friend of mine (Carolyn Daniels) blessed my socks off when she sent home an amazing bottle of stress reducing lotion (eucalyptus and spearmint) for my night stand and my purse - WOW! She works with Randy and I had noticed that he came home smelling rather delicious one day after a conference - he told me it was Carolyn's lotion. So, I asked her about it and voila - a big huge blessing landed in my lap! It may seem small to some, but this lotion is a big time hit in my book - love ya Carolyn!!!! Also, what's even a bigger praise and hallelujah is that God brought Carolyn and I together through her son, Douglas. Sadly, Douglas went home to be with Jesus in September of last year - I often reflect on his life, shed tears and smile at the same time. Although his loss is immense and burdensome I find great peace and comfort in seeing how he left his "footprint" "handprint" etc. here on this Earth - his heart was full of gentleness, humility, and compassion - I'm sure you also see this in his mom just as I do. Please continue to pray for this family - they are precious and as you can imgaine the loss is deep. I think of Douglas often - watching a leaf blow accross the grass, seeing the sun sparkle in the snowflakes, the simple things in life bring me comfort, peace and joy as I reflect on Douglas.














Recipe Pick of the Week - Super Duper Easy Chicken Florentine


1 lb. cooked and diced chicken breast (lightly seasoned)

1 can crescent rolls

2 tbsp. cream cheese

1/2 package of frozen spinach (thawed and well drained)

1 c. or so of shredded mozzarella cheese
Spray an 8x8 pan - put 4 crescent triangles on bottom of pan and push seams together. Place cooked chicken on top of crescent roll then spread spinach mixture on top (cream cheese softened in microwave and spinach mixed together)-next place cheese on top of spinach and place 4 remaining crescent rolls with seams pushed together on top of that - bake according to crescent roll directions (just lightly browned 15-18 min). Yum!


God's Powerful Word of the Week - Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others - Phillipians 2:4


Let no one seek his own, but each one the other's well-being - 1 Corinthians 10:24


God's word is sooooo awesome and powerful - chew on it, apply it and grow!!!!


This Week's Weather - Yikes - It is sooooo cold, but we also have sunshine so I'm smiling!


Pic of the Week - Daddy reading a bed time story to Joshua - so sweet!



What I'm reading - Still moving through the Power of a Praying Wife - it's good stuff for sure! I will be pulling out the power of a praying parent as soon as this one wraps up - I've also been reading toilet training blogs - not as much fun I must say =)
TV Time this Week - hmmm...we watched the movie "Stick It" - a gymanstics movie - very cute
Website of the Week - Google =) I've been doing lots of web searches on visiting Shedd Aquarium for a future getaway
Most Listened to Song this Week - a bit of Glee music (from the tv show - just downloaded some songs - "Don't Stop Believin'" -gotta love the "oldies"
Well, snuggle up everyone and stay warm - looking forward to the weekend, a new week and a new month!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails